7/Professional is the programming and configuring software
designed for professional use with SIMATIC controllers. It
includes powerful tools and functions for the varied tasks
involved in an automation project.
STEP 7 Professional includes all the programming
languages complying with the international IEC 61131-3 standard
and therefore enables cross-company standardization and helps
save high software engineering overheads.
It supports the user through all the stages of a development
process for automation solutions, such as
- Installation and management of projects
- Configuring and parameter assignment of hardware and communications
- Symbol management
- Program generation for SIMATIC S7 target systems
- Loading programs on target systems
- Testing the automation plant
- Plant fault diagnostics
TEP 7 Professional consists of the following:
- The STEP 7 basic package including the well proven LAD,
FBD and STL languages
- S7-GRAPH for graphic programming of sequential controls
- S7-SCL, the high-level language for programming even the
most complex tasks
- S7-PLCSIM for off-line simulation of an automation solution.